Quad Core, 3.0 GHz, 77W, 6MB Cache, Integrated Intel HD Graphics 2500, Socket LGA1155
Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) allows one hardware platform to function as multiple “virtual” platforms. It offers improved manageability by limiting downtime and maintaining productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions.
Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
- Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) continues from the existing support for IA-32 (VT-x) and Itanium® processor (VT-i) virtualization adding new support for I/O-device virtualization. Intel VT-d can help end users improve security and reliability of the systems and also improve performance of I/O devices in virtualized environments.
Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)
- Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT), also known as Second Level Address Translation (SLAT), provides acceleration for memory intensive virtualized applications. Extended Page Tables in Intel® Virtualization Technology platforms reduces the memory and power overhead costs and increases battery life through hardware optimization of page table management.
AES New Instructions
- Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (AES-NI) are a set of instructions that enable fast and secure data encryption and decryption. AES-NI are valuable for a wide range of cryptographic applications, for example: applications that perform bulk encryption/decryption, anthentication, random number generation, and authenticated encryption.
- Intel® 64 architecture delivers 64-bit computing on server, workstation, desktop and mobile platforms when combined with supporting software.¹ Intel 64 architecture improves performance by allowing systems to address more than 4 GB of both virtual and physical memory.
Intel® Anti-Theft Technology
- Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) helps keep your laptop safe and secure in the event that it’s ever lost or stolen. Intel® AT requires a service subscription from an Intel® AT–enabled service provider
Intel® My WiFi Technology
- Intel® My WiFi Technology enables wireless connection of an UltrabookTM or laptop to WiFi-enabled devices such as printers, stereos, etc.
- Idle States (C-states) are used to save power when the processor is idle. C0 is the operational state, meaning that the CPU is doing useful work. C1 is the first idle state, C2 the second, and so on, where more power saving actions are taken for numerically higher C-states.
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology is an advanced means of enabling high performance while meeting the power-conservation needs of mobile systems. Conventional Intel SpeedStep® Technology switches both voltage and frequency in tandem between high and low levels in response to processor load. Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology builds upon that architecture using design strategies such as Separation between Voltage and Frequency Changes, and Clock Partitioning and Recovery.
Thermal Monitoring Technologies
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies protect the processor package and the system from thermal failure through several thermal management features. An on-die Digital Thermal Sensor (DTS) detects the core's temperature, and the thermal management features reduce package power consumption and thereby temperature when required in order to remain within normal operating limits
Execute Disable Bit
- Execute Disable Bit is a hardware-based security feature that can reduce exposure to viruses and malicious-code attacks and prevent harmful software from executing and propagating on the server or network.
Intel® Secure Key
- Intel® Secure Key consists of a digital random number generator that creates truly random numbers to strengthen encryption algorithms.
Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel® Identity Protection Technology is a built-in security token technology that helps provide a simple, tamper-resistant method for protecting access to your online customer and business data from threats and fraud. Intel® IPT provides a hardware-based proof of a unique user’s PC to websites, financial institutions, and network services; providing verification that it is not malware attempting to login. Intel® IPT can be a key component in two-factor authentication solutions to protect your information at websites and business log-ins.